Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Step Into the Freezer

There is really no good reason for me to be bitching. Moving to Colorado from NorCal 10 years ago was one of the better decisions I’ve made, but damn it, I am so over the cold! Usually by this time of year, Colorado gets some days of 50+ degree temperatures, but this year, nada. It was 41 degrees when I hit the streets, not terrible, but still........

My North-facing garage has the same sheet of ice in front of it that has been there since November.
Patches of ice litter the running trails and just when it seems it’s going to clear, another round of snow comes through. And it’s not yet March, our snowiest month!





Chris and I are way ready for running to stop being an exercise in the layering of clothes. This is everything I put on, just to run around the block. Yes, I am now naked while I take this picture. You like my purple Fruit of the Looms? Remember, it'a Wednesday. Laundry & American Idol night, so I had to take'em off eventually.

Now, I realize that some of this is by my own design. After utilizing the full capability of my Garmin, I am about ready to lose the heart monitor. And hopefully as the weather gets warmer and the miles increase, my knees will not need the support they require now. Now, I don’t always take the water belt, but in its place is another belt/pouch for my phone, ID and key. In addition, not pictured are a jacket, hat, gloves, iPod, and sunglasses. As you can see, there is a serious investment of time in order look good while being an insane idiot sloshing my way down the street. Fortunately, I wasn't wearing my UWS(ugly white shirt).

Speaking of belts, this little thing is great! Amphipod rocked the design. My brick Droid, ID, key, easily fits with some room to spare and the belt doesn’t bounce or move around while running.

Finally, Rock N Roll announced the route for the San Diego Marathon! Whoo Hoo! Check it out here http://san-diego.competitor.com/files/2010/02/SD10-Course-Map-2.19.10.pdf   Time to book a hotel!

Oh yea, today’s run went much better than yesterday! Not super-fast, but enjoyable.

Now Playing: The Parlor Mob - Can't Keep No Good Boy Down
Todays Run: 6.38 miles - 9:46 pace

1 comment:

  1. cool map...in the top left corner, follow garnet to (around) olney -- that's where my first apartment in grad. school was...whoop-de-doo!!!

    ReplyDelete